Picture

Picture

Monday, September 14, 2015

1 Year

1 year ago I left the real world and entered the MTC with very little idea of what I was actually getting myself into.

1 year ago I put a nametag on my pocket that I didn´t fully understand what it represented.

1 year ago I didn´t know how it felt to be completly forgiven of your sins

1 year ago I couln´t tell you truthfully that I KNEW the church was true

1 year ago was a long time ago.

Its crazy the difference one year can make. It´s crazy how much you can learn and how much you can grow and the relationships you can have. Changes happen (Maybe not physically. I´m still fat). You learn things from others, from yourself, and especially from the Lord. You realize that everything you do, there´s an opportunity to help somebody else. After one year, you realize how much more you need to do. You start to notice all the things you haven´t necessarily been doing wrong, but that you could do better. I´ve prayed more than I have in my whole entire life, but I could pray more fervantly. I have read my scriptures more than I have in my whole entire life, but I could study them better. I have worked harder than I have in my whole entire life, but I NEED to work harder! 

A year ago if I knew how much work I was getting myself into, I don´t think I would be here. But if I undterstood how important this work is, I think I would have been more obedient. 

A year ago I thought it was cool to finally have Elder Beary on a missionary nametag, but now I realize it´s the least important name of the 3.

A year ago I started to learn what repentance actually was, and that if you want to be spiritually clean, you can. 

A year ago I started a long journey that is still in process to tell you with my whole heart that this is the ONLY true church. The only church that Jesus Crist himself established, with the same power and authority that he had.

to end I want to quote Elder Ellis, one of the greates guys that I met 1 year ago.

¨It was special to watch as one of my dirtiest and probably the most sweat stained shirts burn in the same way the spirit burns in our hearts while we serve our Lord with all we've got... The change is real, and the happiness is glorious¨








No comments:

Post a Comment